Friday, February 19, 2010

The New 40

This morning as I slugged through the snow getting to work; it occurred to me that although I feel great and am trying to look good, I really am looking forward to retirement. Then, just as suddenly, it occurred to me, the new 40 may not be to my advantage. What if your congressional representatives decide since we feel great, we look great, we need to work an extra ten years. In other words, everyone will have to work until their plastic surgery needs plastic surgery. And here I was thinking my teeth whitening, varicose vein removal, tummy tuck, Botox injections, face, butt and breast lift meant I could prance around on the beach in my new spanx bathing suit and pretend to be 40 again. I never thought I would need them to work another ten years. Dang looking young and vibrant!

No comments:

Post a Comment