Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Back on Task

It has been a very long time since I have posted in my blog. Since my last blog, I have worked in the embassy, been reassigned to the United States, set-up housing, and spent more than a year seeking employment in five different Georgia counties. Being a certified teacher, I never thought it would be difficult landing a position in a school system; but I could never have been more mislead in my thought process. Here I am going in my second school year in Atlanta and still unemployed.

At first, I was upset that so many people became teachers when the economy declined. Upset because people who demeaned and snub their noses at teachers while the economy boomed, decided teaching is now an honorable, worthwhile position for everyone. No longer are teachers classified as glorified babysitters, now they are actually considered professionals, at least until the economy is thriving once again. Truth be told, I don’t blame anyone for becoming a teacher if they meet the requirements. I probably would have done the same thing if my job was being terminated or downsized. We all do what we must to survive difficult times. I’ll just keep searching and know that eventually I will find employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment